Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Summer Vacation... really?

Seems like I am washing more clothes, cooking more food and running around more than ever. David is like a caged animal on the days he has to stay inside. Olivia can entertain herself, but she craves for more - mami, gymnastics... mami, swimming... mami, Target... mami, mami, mami. She walks around with me in the grocery store chatting... bzzzzzz. I lose my concentration and forget to buy half of the things on my list and toward the end of the trip, she says: "mami, am I driving you crazy?" She really is my companion. And as much as she dislikes it (some days she loves it, other days she hates it) she looks just like me when I was her age, except that she is prettier. :)


So, I started the summer unemployed. Looking for something, but not knowing exactly what and I found it. Or IT found me. I am the new Community Relations Rep for 90.9 Life FM - that is 909lifefm.com in case you want to stream us on your computer. Finally working full time in ministry. Really? Is that what I have wanted to do for the past 6 years? Yes! Really.

The job, well it is awesome. It is a part-time, I get to be on the radio (it's a recorded spot, but the kids get a kick out of it), I have a nice boss and co-workers. Nice is really not the right word - they are awesome too. I love going to the office to hang out with the team (and work  ;)  of course). I have also enjoyed meeting the people who want to support us and get their message out to our listeners by becoming underwriters. I hope I can help every single one of them.

90.9 Life FM: Bringing Life Through the Word of God
In case anyone wants to donate: https://secure.acceptiva.com/?cst=ce9e98


A bit of a new identity for me, I must say. Before, I was the one with the budget!

I will close with a two totally unrelated verses (to the post) just because I found them today and I wanted to share:

Daniel 2:44 - "In the time of those kings, the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed, nor will it be left to another people. It will crush all those kingdoms and bring them to an end, but it will itself endure forever."

Matthew 3:2 - "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near"


- Rosa

1 comment:

  1. Ha! I missed this post, too! But...you know that I already knew. ;) (wink, wink)

    I get a kick out of hearing you, too. Always makes me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete