Friday, May 25, 2012

The 3 Ring Binder

This is going to be one of those posts... Warning: I may lose some readers (hahaha - Gail, I am sure that you will not unfollow me for this one). Also, I enjoy writing hahaha vs LOL. I'm just set in my ways, I guess.

I have this thing that I have to get off my chest, so here it goes: THE BIBLE (WORD OF GOD) IS NOT A BOOK THAT YOU CAN PRINT ON YOUR HOME PRINTER, USE YOUR THREE-HOLE PUNCHER AND PUT IT INTO A 3 RING BINDER, TO LATER REMOVE THOSE PAGES WHICH YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH.

There! (sigh) I feel sooo much better now. People, Christians, pleasssse be aware that the Bible, the WORD OF GOD is not customizable. It is what it is. Either you take it or you leave it.

If you go to church and they preach against something that is wrong by the standards of the WORD OF GOD, that is good. That means that you are getting the truth. If you go to church and they don't preach against the things that are WRONG according to the WORD OF GOD, then that is bad, because they are lying to you. So what do you want to hear?

Jesus said "I am the way, the Truth and the light and no man comes to the Father, but through me." That is a simple truth. If you believe that truth, then you must believe all of the other truths that are found in the WORD OF GOD. This is not selective reading or selective listening. Coming to Christ is about repentence. If you accept Jesus and you repent (what ever the sin, just walk away) then you are set. Start studying the WORD OF GOD and applying its truth in your life. It is the perfect WORD OF GOD... no editing needed.

The WORD OF GOD is not about exclusion. It is about INCLUSION. "We are all sinners and fall short of the glory of God".  It is not about condemnation, it is about redemption. It is as simple as it gets.

Find yourselves a Bible preaching church. A church that is "...not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ". A church that is an advocate of the WORD OF GOD and His commandments. A church that professes what is written in the WORD OF GOD and not just part of it, but ALL OF IT. I pray you stand firm. That your beliefs are not to be challenged by mainstream or compromised by relationships. In the WORD OF GOD you will find the answers for all of your questions: politics, relationships, morality, work ethic... you name it.

Olivia turn 8 this month and looking back, we find that so many things have changed in this world in eight years. Not sure what the next eight years will bring, but we are at a loss from where we were eight years ago. We are on a downward slope which I believe is directly related to the lack of Prayer and the lack of teaching the Bible. 

Don't put your Bible in a 3 ring binder.


With Love,

Rosa



 

No comments:

Post a Comment